Luciana Queiroz is a lawyer with substantial international experience, having lived and studied in the United States, the Netherlands, France and Spain. Prior to joining DEQ, gained relevant experience at one of the top tax firms in the Netherlands. Luciana has been heavily involved in international issues, advising clients in the negotiation of contracts, the establishment of companies in Brazil, tax and corporate structures and on government procurement and administrative processes. Luciana’s recent experience includes:
- acting on the largest ever claim against a Brazilian company cross-border securities action before the U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York;
- acting for an Australian and a German beneficiary in a multi-jurisdictional probate dispute;
- assisting one of the largest retail companies in the world in their expansion into Brazil;
- negotiating a joint-venture between a Dutch engineering company and a Brazilian manufacturer for the sale of equipment to a British group;
- advising an Australian ASX-listed company on cross-border tax matters.